geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: rid of all ns prefixes]
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:39:57 GMT

On Oct 11, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> Is the following statement true??

not really.
> How is geronimo being able to process deployment plans without
> declaring all namespaces in a plan and qualifying the elements?

well, you have surely seen that there is always a top level schema at
least.  I use some xmlbeans XmlCursor manipulation to change the
namespace of recognized subelements that are supposed to be in other
namespaces before loading the document into XmlObjects.  By the time
the XmlObjects are constructed the document is fully valid according to
the plan schemas.  All this namespace conversion code is in
SchemaConversionUtils. (there is some other conversion code in a couple
jetty/tomcat builder classes, but lets talk about that later).  I'm a
bit unclear as to whether the eclipse stuff you are working on is
supposed to be able to edit hand written plans or is only supposed to
be able to generate new plans.  In the latter  case, you can just
generate plans including the correct namespaces.  In the former case,
you should call the appropriate methods in SchemaConversionUtils to set
the correct namespaces before trying to import into your tool.  Most
likely we will need to change things a bit so this can be done
conveniently.

thanks
david jencks