geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Applications migration
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:36:20 GMT
On Oct 11, 2005, at 10:23 AM, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:

>>> I think the move to confluence is an excellent idea and we
>>> should  definitely start discussing this. Looking at the current
>>> wiki, I  think there is a lot of great but unorganized
>>> information.  Since  M5 has now been released we expect and
>>> enormous growth in "users"  and so I think we are are now at a
>>> point where it would be good to  start focusing on the
>>> organization and presentation of the wiki and  the move to
>>> confluence would be a good starting point to be able to  do so.
>>>

>> We have a confluence space if we want to start using it.  http://
>> opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO
>> Here is an example of what we could do with it   http://
>> opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Unassigned
>> -David
>>

> Humm... from discussions over on infrastructure I see Leo and Noel
> have some concerns about maintaining a confluence install on
> apache.org. Probably nothing that couldn't be solved by a few
> volunteers. If a case could be made to completely replace moin-moin
> and standardize on confluence, that'd be even better.

I believe that the infrastructure guys asked Atlassian if they would
host Apache wikis for us.  I think a few of us volenteered to help
host it, but at the time infrastructure was overloaded brining the
new machines on line.  Can you find out if they are willing to
recosider?  Alternatively, we (geronimo) try could host it on a
virtual domain on the new Sun box.

> Do you see the wiki as being the method of choice for Apache
> Geronimo doc delivery?

I personally think it is the best choice, because it allows the whole
community to easily help each other.

> Any interest in using xdoc & transforms?

I'm not a fan of this approach.  We had that before with the pure
maven site.

> Please don't send us down the path of hosting ASF project doc on
> non-ASF infrastructure. Nothing good can come from that exercise.

IIRC the ASF infrastructure team suggested using Atlassian and got
everything arranged.

-dain