geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject M5: is the izpack installer anywhere near alive?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:56:04 GMT
I have never had time to look into how the izpack installer stuff
works, but I'm pretty sure that with all the jetty/tomcat changes it is
now thoroughly broken.  I have no idea how it is supposed to be used so
I don't see how to start fixing it.  I also think that most of the
functionality it had is now available from the config.xml /config.list
stuff.  In order to avoid giving a bad impression I suggest we remove
it from M5.

I think that with  the config.xml/config.list stuff we should be able
to make a simpler installer that sets values in config.xml, includes
entries in config.list, and removes unwanted configurations from the
config-store.  This should also be considerably faster that something
that has to deploy configurations itself :-)

thanks
david jencks