geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do we ship jetty and tomcat versions? Please respond
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 08:01:20 GMT

On Sep 5, 2005, at 9:38 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> I like what you have done here.  Very nice work.
thanks :-)

> However, IMHO, I would be concerned in the long run of shipping Jetty
> and Tomcat together.  We will be accused of being too "heavy weight".
> Then also, where do we draw the line of shipping everything (ie.
> multiple orbs, and multiple EB containers, etc).

well... we are already shipping all the tomcat and jetty jars together
no matter which one is activated.  Shipping both configurations as well
doesn't add much bulk.  I think using something like the assembly
plugin to build a server is a more plausible way to assemble a
limited-functionality version.

thanks
david jencks