geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Miguel A Paraz <mpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simplifying the deployment model
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:03:12 GMT
On 9/16/05, David Oren <daren.void@gmail.com> wrote:
>  What I'd like to suggest is adding the ability to "deploy" directories --
> that is, instead of having to package an application in a war or ear file
> and then deploying that file, the deployer will be given the full path where
> the application is located. The application will be added to Geronimo, will
> not be copied to the config-store directory (which will contain only the
> .ser files) and instead, will be run from its current directory.

I believe it's better that all the files Geronimo accesses remain
inside its directory hierarchy. As a newbie I used to edit files
inside Tomcat directories, but then I realized it's a bad idea.

To follow Tomcat deployment: how about a hot deploy directory where
you could copy your WARs (and EARs later)