geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Portal Server and Geronimo Console
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:09:25 GMT

On Sep 20, 2005, at 11:44 PM, John Sisson wrote:

> I have read a few mails where it has been mentioned we need a more
> robust portal server for the console.
> Could those in the know please share a little more information on this
> topic so we have an idea what the issues are and what the plans are to
> rectify them (e.g. are we expecting the pluto project to address them
> in a reasonable time frame?).  Are these issues in JIRA?

I don't think anyone has any firm plans. I don't think pluto will
address them as they are really trying to be a portlet container rather
than a portal.

At this point my preferred solution is to integrate jetspeed 2, while
continuing to supply a simple static pluto-based console for those that
don't want more.  I got j2 to run in geronimo a year ago so I think it
will not be impossibly difficult :-)

AFAIK this discussion has not gotten sufficiently concrete to get into
jira.

thanks
david jencks