geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshots in M5
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:51:03 GMT
Hi Alan,
>From "Welcome to Apache Geronimo" (http://geronimo.apache.org/index.html):

The aim of the project is to produce a large and healthy community of J2EE
developers tasked with the development of an open-source, certified J2EE
server that:

   - is licensed under the Apache License<http://www.apache.org/licenses/>
   - passes Sun's TCK for J2EE 1.4
   - reuses the best ASF/BSD licensed code available today, with new ASF
   code to complete the J2EE stack.

Assuming that the above is an accurate description of what Geronimo is
about, then I'd say LGPL is a no-no.

--kevan