geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject context-priority-classloader
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:27:36 GMT
I just had a look at a problem regarding context-priority-classloader
reported on the user mailing list (original post is copied below). Hossam is
attempting to override the SAAJ 1.2 implementation with a SAAJ
1.3implementation (claims that this works under JBoss). Is this
something which
should be supported? Geronimo has explicit checks which will prevent this.
It's possible that a one line change could fix, but I'm not sure of all of
the implications.

Both the JettyClassLoader and the TomcatClassLoader prevent javax
classes/interfaces from being overridden by the context. Should the class
loaders allow "javax" packages/subpackages to be overridden?

Here's the current list of restrictions for each ClassLoader:

TomcatClassLoader:
java, javax, org/apache/geronimo, org/apache/jasper, org/apache/tomcat,
org/apache/naming, org/apache/catalina, org/xml, org/w3c

JettyClassLoader:
java, javax, org/apache/geronimo, org/mortbay, org/xml, org/w3c

Are these lists correct? Anything missing? Anything which should be removed?

--kevan

On 9/19/05, Hossam Karim <hr.aebcg@gmail.com> wrote to
user@geronimo.apache.org: