geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat problem when in separate configuration
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 23:39:21 GMT

On Sep 5, 2005, at 4:30 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> This turned out to be caused by not copying over the extra
>> configuration files and directories tomcat needs.  It would be nice
>> to  have stuff installed into var as a consequence of installing the
>> configuration.
>
> It does this now from Maven.  If it build a tomcat config, it will
> install the var/catalina structure.  If jetty, then it doesn't.

I have jetty and its deployer and tomcat and its deployer running as
separate configurations.  I would rather have a way of just including
the configuration into the server rather than having to include the
configuration + remember to tweak the maven.xml in some way that is not
specified by the configuration.  Perhaps we could have something in the
configuration look to see if the extra files it expects are present and
complain if they are missing?

thanks
david jencks