geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r280240 - /geronimo/trunk/modules/assembly/src/plan/j2ee-server-plan.xml
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 04:56:12 GMT
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> There are no reasonable defaults for the server and it's configuration
> (localhost only works on /some/ Unix-like distros) so I don't think it
> should be included in the default server plan.
>
> I think we should provide an example that shows people how to configure
> mail in both of two ways:
> 1) as part of their application
> 2) as a separate plan that can be customized as needed along with info
>     on how to reference it from an application plan. This is what we do
>     in the CTS setup.

	OK.

> The SMTP provider does work when configured correctly. Part of that
> setup includes getting the provider jar into a suitable classloader (so
> that the properties files in META-INF get resolved correctly). It's just
> messy due to some aspects of the mail API.

	Can you give a blow by blow?  Do the classloaders work if we
create a configuration with dependencies on the spec JARs and provider
JAR?  What is the provider JAR called?  What GBeans do we need to declare?
Can the user declare a normal resource reference of type
javax.mail.Session, and if so, how do they resolve it in the Geronimo plan
to point to resource declared in the mail Configuration?

	David J, can we add dependencies to a Configuration in the
config.xml?  That is, if a user deployed a mail configuration, can they
just tell o/a/g/Server to depend on it or would they just list both
o/a/g/Server and the mail plan as dependencies in their app plan?

Thanks,
	Aaron