geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Longevity
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 05:33:37 GMT
On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Neal Sanche wrote:
> Well, I did some profiling, and found that the predominant object that
> was being retained was:
>
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawGetAttributeInvoker
>
> There are also another slowly growing group of geronimo classes that
> seem to pile up, and they aren't getting garbage collected either:
>
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor and many
> internal classes of this class.

	Yeah, that means it's the proxies causing the problems.  Each
proxy has a ProxyMethodInterceptor and a bunch of RawGetAttributeInvokers.
We need to figure out if there's some way to make the proxies self-dispose
if they become no longer referenced.  If not, then either the console code
needs to be *much* more disciplined or something needs to cache and reuse
proxies.

Aaron