geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Kernel Limitations
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 01:52:46 GMT
On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> >> I suggest you follow JSR77 naming rules and include a fully specified
> >> name such as:
> >>
> >> geronimo.server:
> >>      j2eeType=WebConnector,
> >>      name=MyConnector,
> >>      WebContainer=MyJettyContainer
> >>      J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Server,
> >>      J2EEApplication=null,
> >>      J2EEServer=geronimo
> >>
> >> This should [ed: avoid] any name collisions.
> >>

> >     But what if there are two containers named MyJettyContainer, one
> > in Configuration JettyAdminStuff and one in Configuration
> > JettyUserStuff?
>
> The J2EEModule property above is the configuration name, so you would
> have two unique names one containing the property
> J2EEModule=JettyAdminStuff and one containing the property
> J2EEModule=JettyUserStuff.

	This only works if the container and connector are in the same
Configuration, right?  Because you don't have a separate
"WebContainerJ2EEModule=Foo".  I guess I'm fine if we establish that as a
convention (and it's how the console currently behaves), but I don't know
how we'd enforce if it people start writing their own plans.

	I think I also have the GBeanData-based approach working
reasonably.  I just am not thrilled with either of them.

Aaron