geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Kernel Limitations
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 00:30:15 GMT
On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> I suggest you follow JSR77 naming rules and include a fully specified
> name such as:
>
> geronimo.server:
>      j2eeType=WebConnector,
>      name=MyConnector,
>      WebContainer=MyJettyContainer
>      J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Server,
>      J2EEApplication=null,
>      J2EEServer=geronimo
>
> This should [ed: avoid] any name collisions.

	But what if there are two containers named MyJettyContainer, one
in Configuration JettyAdminStuff and one in Configuration JettyUserStuff?
David J was very concerned about this case.  Actually, I suspect he was
more concerned about having a Tomcat container and Jetty container both
named "WebContainer", but either way, it gets ugly.  David, can you
clarify?

Thanks,
	Aaron