geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: eclipse plugin version and release schedule?
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:43:21 GMT

On Sep 16, 2005, at 10:55 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> To get some discussion going on release schedules... What version
> should we have the eclipse plugin at?  Currently it stands at 1.0.0.
>
> To give you some background....

[SNIP]

Thanks for the info.  I'm rather baffled that eclipse doesn't have a
way of marking something as -dev or such, as I think that's
valuable...  Anyway, maybe we just use < 1.0 as a demark for that.
That's actually not an unusual convention here at the ASF.

> So what does everyone prefer?
>
> (2) We bump down the current version to something like 0.5.0, and
> this version will be an official version to go out with Geronimo
> 1.0 and be based on one of the milestone driver's of WTP.  This
> offical version will also be available through the update manager.

+1

> Based on this, we can decide what function we want in.  For example
> if (2) is chosen, we just focus on stability with WTP M8/9,
> deployment scenarios, rather then development scenarios (editors,
> views.... etc).

You're the guy with the clue here.  :)

geir

geirm@apache.org