geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logo Contest Update - The Final Days
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 14:35:23 GMT

On Sep 30, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> All,
>
> The Logo contest has inspired many to get their creative juices
> flowing and put some great effort into designing some excellent
> artwork. Unfortunately, we can't use every one of the items that
> have been donated so we'll have to pare them down to a single winner.
>
> As of this morning there are 17 Entries posted on the Wiki.  They
> can be found at http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/LogoContest .
>
> I propose the following time line to bring this to a timely
> conclusion.
>
> Allow for last minute changes and additions to the logos so a vote
> can be taken on a finite set of entries.  This will be a one week
> period ending at: 23:59 PDT on October 8th.
>
> A one week period for voting by members on the dev and user
> Geronimo lists.  A voting format will be posted to the list to make
> tabulating the results easier.  This will come out on Friday
> October 7th.
>
> Give one week for votes on the final sets of artwork from 00:01
> Saturday October 8th through 00:01 PDT Saturday October 15th.
> During this time, discussion is welcome on the various entries on
> the dev list.  Please make sure we keep them in a single thread.
>
> As indicated on the Wiki, the PPMC is responsible for the final
> selection but the voting and feedback from the community is
> critical to making the best choice.

s/PPMC/PMC

And I'd like to pre-filter based on the PRC guidelines.  I've been
discussing with them, and I've asked that they produce a final set of
guidelines.  However, the important one for us will be :

"logo should not incorporate Native American images or
existing cultural/religious symbolism.  However, new symbols that
merely evoke a native american theme (such as the feather) are fine."

So I'd like to get rid of the ones that violate this guideline before
we have the community vote.

geir

geirm@apache.org