geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] PMC to accept DayTrader contribution and/or/not create "application" subproject
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:33:49 GMT

On Sep 21, 2005, at 12:13 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> My concern is primarily with  the geronimo plan.  While presumably
> the app itself isn't going to need to change to be deployed to
> other app servers, I expect each server to need a separate plan.

Wouldn't that be part of the DayTrader project to maintain, since
they know what they need to deploy, and that may change over time?

> I was thinking we'd keep the app and geronimo plan together in
> synch with the geronimo version.  Obviously this is not ideal, but
> I haven't thought of a better solution.  Maybe have the app
> separate and a module in geronimo/apps to build a configuration for
> the current geronimo version?

Or just force the people working on DayTrader to follow, or stablize
our plan :)

I see what you're saying.

(My biggest concern with asking the question was to see if it was
because people had different ideas about how "heavy" a subproject was.)

geir

geirm@apache.org