geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IDEA block cipher inclusion via the "bouncy castle" JCE provider
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:45:13 GMT
I was talking to Alan and mentioned this.  He had another suggestion
- lets just (for now) get the ASN1 code from BC and package it
ourselves.  Coupled with the suggestion about removing the IDEA
algorithm as a possibility, we remove the dep on BC in OpenEJB.

Then, we don't ship BC w/ geronimo, but let the console detect if BC
is present and then show a message and warning where appropriate
where to get the jar and how to install if not.

Then Geronimo is clean, the functionality is optional, and users have
no risk of encountering a problem, unless they can't read.

geir

geirm@apache.org