geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r289835 - /geronimo/branches/v1_0_M4-QA/
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:53:49 GMT

On Sep 17, 2005, at 5:34 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Geir, I sent and email about this and the feedback I got was "do it".

Yes, at 1 a.m. yesterday, and two responses.  I didn't get to dev
list mail yesterday due to bringing home wife and new baby from
hospital.

> Regardless, we don't want this branch, the tag contains the real M4
> code so the QA branch we created for testing M4 is confusing to
> users (like me).

No.  Branches contain the code.  The tag is a pointer to a moment in
time on a branch.  Putting aside the never-ending-argument about
whether or not a security fix like M4.1 is possible due to naming
preferences, what would happen if we had a horrible security or other
problem that required us to distribute a patched release?

We would work on the branch, make a new tag, and test and release
that.  I think we need to keep our branches around.

geir

geirm@apache.org