geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mirroring our downloads
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 04:23:05 GMT

> I've moved over all our milestones to www/www.apache.org/dist/ and
> www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository. I assume those will be
> mirrored to Ibiblio and other places by tonight.

For the old releases, once they appear in
archive.apache.org<http://archive.apache.org>,
you can probably delete them from www.apache.org
<http://www.apache.org>(this will mean they aren't mirrored, but
available from the archive).

Can I ask that you delete the M2 and M3 POMs from java-repository? They
aren't independantly valid or useful and Maven's repository management has
started to squawk. Recent versions of the Maven artifact deployment plugin
will properly resolve the variables in them to make them useful for future
releases.

How do we go about
> getting one of those fancy "pick a mirror" selection boxes on our
> download page?

The simplest thing is to use dyncloser.cgi for the links:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/geronimo/1.0-M4/geronimo-1.0-M4.tar.gz

That gives you a separate page to select from. The dropdowns mean using a
customised CGI, I believe - but I've never tried it.

Some docs:
http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-step-by-step.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-guide-bodewig.html