geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Kernel Limitations
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:35:30 GMT
On Sep 4, 2005, at 4:10 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>     So, put all this together, and anything that's stopped is
> effectively invisible.  One way to make it work is to put the
> relationship
> into the ObjectName and query based on ObjectName.  For example,
> "...,type=webconnector,webcontainer=MyJettyContainer,...".
> However, this
> doesn't work if there are multiple containers with the same name
> (presumably, in different Configurations).

I suggest you follow JSR77 naming rules and include a fully specified
name such as:

geronimo.server:
     j2eeType=WebConnector,
     name=MyConnector,
     WebContainer=MyJettyContainer
     J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Server,
     J2EEApplication=null,
     J2EEServer=geronimo

This should any name collisions.

>     That being the case, as far as I can tell there's only one
> alternative.  That is to use a kernel query to list all connectors
> of the
> correct type.  Then for each one, get its GBeanData, and pick out the
> container reference by name, and see what container ObjectName is in
> there.  I'm hoping this will always be a full ObjectName even if the
> config file only specified certain parameters.  If that's not true, I
> think we've exhaused all the options.  Even so, it's pretty brittle in
> that the reference name is hardcoded and if it's changed in the GBean
> definition but not where this logic is performed then things will
> silently
> break.

I agree that the reference code is fairly brittle.  More importantly
it is not easy to add new reference types as we run into new
situations such as this.

-dain