geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [vote] PMC to accept DayTrader contribution and/or/not create "application" subproject
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:28:31 GMT
+1  Accept the DayTrader donation into the project

-1  Do not create Applications subproject.

I think I'm a bit confused here.  You seem to be implying that if the
code is at "scm/geronimo/daytrader" it is a subproject.  I think it
makes since to move the applications out of trunk to keep it "clean",
but I don't think that requires us to create an applications
subproject.  I getting the feeling that "subproject" is our new
golden hammer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hammer), and
creating a subproject with one person is a pretty good sign.  I say
let's not put the cart before the horse and when we get more people
involved in applications we can take on the burden of adding subproject.

-dain