geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Trunk cleanup?
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:43:31 GMT
On Sep 20, 2005, at 11:39 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On 9/20/2005 10:42 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>

>> I think we're losing the svn meaning of trunk/branches.  I think
>> we either need to keep stuff under trunk or for each subproject have
>>
>> geronimo/contrib/trunk
>> geronimo/examples/trunk
>> geronimo/specs/trunk
>> geronimo/devtools/trunk
>>
>> etc.
>>
>> for some thinks such as sandbox trunk may not seem to make much
>> sense but I think we should keep it anyway for consistent structure.
>>

> It was my understanding that we would have such SVN artifacts but
> that adding it to the proposal would have made it too unweldy or
> that Dain was too lazy to put them in; I believe that it was the
> latter.

I would love to say they they were too unweldy, but I simply forgot
about that aspect entirely :)

Anyway, we would need trunk, branches, and tags dirs where ever we
wanted to create revisions, so we wouldn't want them for sandbox or
contrib, but we would want them under examples, specs, and devtools.

-dain