geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Attacking M5 - JIRA cleanup
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:29:52 GMT
On 9/28/05, Jeff Genender <jgenender@savoirtech.com> wrote:
> > GERONIMO-518 - Deploying Struts app fails on Logging ClassCastException
> >
> > Aaron, looking at your latest comments this doesn't seems so easy to
> > solve.  I wonder if we shouldn't add this to the "Significant Missing
> > Features" section of our release notes.
>
> This is not a bug...I will probably close this out - unless others
> object.  This has to do with the commons logging jar in the web app.

I think I object.  If we feel that commons logging is part of the
server implementation and cannot be redefined in the web app, then we
should add it to the list of packages we refuse to load from the web
app classloader (so if someone puts it in there, we'll just silently
ignore it).  It seems pretty obnoxious to take Struts WARs that work
perfectly well with other app servers and claim that it's the user's
fault that they blow up in Geronimo, you know?

Aaron