geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r290538 - /geronimo/trunk/modules/kernel/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/gbean/GAttributeInfo.java
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 01:37:12 GMT
Remember that statistics shouldn't be in the GBeans anyway. I think the
JVMImpl is the only one that does this correctly. The GBean should cough up
a Stats object (like JVMStats or EJBStats or whatever) that contains a bunch
of Statistics properties. So the only method on the GBean is the "getStats".
I have a huge todo list of all the Stats stuff we need to implement properly
on the Wiki on the page http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Web_Console

Also, our definition of "manageable" is not "only manageable properties
appear in the management API" but "only manageable properties can be changed
in the management API". You know, even if you've locked down certain
properties, I think the admin should be able to *see* their values.

Aaron