geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: M5 - 24hr notice of branch - done
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:23:55 GMT
On 9/19/05, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> Agreed, bug fixes we do put into both branches. However, Aaron is
> talking about features, IIUC.
>
> Just to be succinct, my -1 is a real technical veto on adding features,
> not bug fixes, to both branches; though I am not intransigent and am
> willing to discuss it further.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, since I don't think I really
said what I was talking about. But here's an example:

- Adding the management API for server logs. Without this, the console
screen breaks if the Jetty GBean name is changed, and Tomcat does not work.

Now this is kind of a new feature, but kind of a bug fix too. I'd be
inclined to put it in, since I think we'd like Tomcat to be fairly well
supported, and the current code is arguably broken.

Some of the other JIRA's on my M5 list are:
- make the server require an argument if you want to give a list of
Configurations to start on the command line
- make the deployer require an argument if you want it to run in offline
mode
- invalid references in deployment plan should give meaningful error message
to deployer
- breakage if more than one configuration manager found
- installer needs to be updated to reflect current product configuration
options