geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject "port" element revisions
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 04:55:51 GMT
For a web services reference, we have 2 "port" elements that contain
not quite the same thing (one has one extra element), and one "port"
element that's totally different.  Well, changing the third (a network
port) is not something I'm really up for at the moment.  But there are
two options for straightening out the two very similar port types.
One is to make the two "port" elements identical, by simply moving the
extra element out of the one "port" that has it.  The other option is
to change one of the "port" elements so that it's called something
different altogether.  I've given an example below.  So far David J
and I are split on this, so ony other opinions would be helpful.

Thanks,
  Aaron

CURRENT STATE

<service-completion>
  <port>
    <port-name>...
    <protocol>...
    <host>...
    <port>...
    <uri>...
    <credentials-name>...
    <binding-name>...   (the extra element)
  </port>
</service-completion>

(elsewhere)

<port>
  <port-name>...
  <protocol>...
  <host>...
  <port>...
  <uri>...
  <credentials-name>...
</port>

NEW OPTION 1

<service-completion>
  <port>
    <port-name>...
    <protocol>...
    <host>...
    <port>...
    <uri>...
    <credentials-name>...
  </port>
  <binding-name>...   (the extra element, now moved)
</service-completion>

(elsewhere)

<port>... (same as above) ...</port>

NEW OPTION 2

<service-completion>
  <port-completion>   (the "port" element now renamed)
    <port-name>...
    <protocol>...
    <host>...
    <port>...