geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] PMC to accept DayTrader contribution and/or/not create "application" subproject
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:40:06 GMT

On Sep 20, 2005, at 12:32 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> +1  Accept the DayTrader donation into the project
>       - The more good samples we have will quicken and assist the
> adoption of Geronimo
>
> +1 Create an Applications subproject (to which Apache Geronimo
>       subproject rules apply) and move DayTrader (if accepted)
>       with other relevant codebases into it.
> - One additional idea on this second vote:  Do we really need
> another sub-project?  In a very real sense samples are a "developer
> tool".  Not in the same way as an IDE ... but they are certainly a
> developer aid.  I would suggest that we move DayTrader and other
> samples to the devtools subproject.  That could also be the
> location of other items that would be part of a "developer toolkit"
> such as migration utilities, developer documentation, or anything
> else that we would produce to assist developers building on Geronimo.

That would work for me, but we do have some sample apps, and they
should probably follow, and then the purpose of devtools gets
cluttered.  I guess we can always separate later.  I'm happy either way.

I just want to make sure that people can find them if they are
interested in working on them.

geir

geirm@apache.org