geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [vote] PMC to accept DayTrader contribution and/or/not create "application" subproject
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:13:27 GMT
There has been little comment or complaint about the "DayTrader"
contribution GERONIMO-1016.

I have done a cursory review and committed the code minus the binary
code (.class and .ear) into trunk/sandbox.  I did this as a courtesy
to Matt so he can keep working and submitting patches for now.
(Matt, get rid of the App.java stuff that seem to be maven detritus..)

For efficiency, I'd like to vote on two things.

First, whether or not to accept.  All votes welcome, PMC votes binding :

[ ] +1  Accept the DayTrader donation into the project
[ ] -1  Do not accept DayTrader donation into the project

Second, we now have a collection of samples, applications and such.
I think that it would help keep the trunk clear if we started an
Applications subproject (peer with DevTools) and move everything like
it there.

[ ] +1 Create an Applications subproject (to which Apache Geronimo
        subproject rules apply) and move DayTrader (if accepted)
        with other relevant codebases into it
[ ] -1 Do not create Applications subproject.  Leave in trunk.

I'm happy for people to pose alternatives if there are good ones - I
just didn't see any on the threads so far.

geir

geirm@apache.org