geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [discussion] How do we get help with testing?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:45:29 GMT
I'd like to discuss how we might expand our efforts in the area of
testing and QA.   Now that we're getting into the habit of J2EE
certified releases, we have a much bigger testing load - we want to
have more testing happening continuously between releases, and then
at release time have a wide matrix of tested platforms.  All of this
takes work, lots of work.

The short answer is that we need more people interested in testing,
and we need to find a place for them in the project.

Right now, our policy is that committers are able to get access to
the TCK and participate on the private TCK mail list.  I'd like to
maintain this concept - that people with access to these materials
and discussion have a demonstrable tie to the project - but I think
we should discuss something along the lines of a "QA committer",
someone who can begin their participation in the project focused on
testing (and of course over time move to whatever they show
interested an aptitude in.  It's a big, serious job (far bigger and
far more serious than I ever thought), and we certainly need the help.

Comments?

geir

geirm@apache.org