geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] branch and tag policy (and stable/unstable mixed in :) - refocus
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:03:18 GMT

On Sep 19, 2005, at 10:53 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2005, at 12:50 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>

>> Alright guys, we're talking over each other again and are too far
>> down in the details.
>>
>> This entire thing started as Geir wanted to do 1.0-M5.1, 1.0-M5.2,
>> 1.0-M5.3, ... 1.0-M5.N while we all work on 1.0-M6 (or whatever).
>>

> What?  That's completely untrue.
>
> This entire thing started because I couldn't figure out the sense
> of deleting a branch from underneath a tag and wanted us to have a
> standard process for branch/tag/release regardless of what our
> naming convention is.

Ok, I apologize.  Very sorry.

To everyone reading, we still need to decide what page we are on in
terms of if now is the time to put a stake in the sand.  Obviously
the process for a "tag" and a "branch" is not the same.

So where are we at?  Are we branching for stability now or tagging
our way to a codebase we are willing to maintain as stable?

-David