geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jsis...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XDoclet support
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:00:39 GMT
Neal Sanche wrote:
> Sachin Patel wrote:
>
>> Any objections on me checking in the XDoclet jira (778) into a
>> devtools sandbox so people can start working on it?
>>
>> There also needs to be some work done in WTP as well as in the
>> geronimo plugins so that the tags can get registered in WTP in both
>> the xdoclet configuration panel and in content assist.  I can work on
>> driving those changes in.
>>
>> Sachin.
>>
> I'm curious about this XDoclet stuff. Does this mean that deployment
> plans will be built from XDoclet? Or is it for some other purpose?

Currently it supports the generation of the openejb-jar.xml file for
session and message-driven beans. See the JIRA issue regarding
limitations/further work required.

There may be people who already have EJB applications written for other
application servers where the build of the EJB application uses XDoclet
tags (e.g. @ejb and @weblogic/@websphere/@jboss) in their EJBs.

The Geronimo XDoclet plugin adds support for the @geronimo tag.
Therefore those XDoclet users could add the appropriate @geronimo tags
to their EJBs to generate openejb-jar.xml files in addition to the other
App server specific files. Note that it isn't as simple as changing
@weblogic to @geronimo in your EJB code though, since the tag parameters
are application server specific.

> Thanks.
>
> -Neal