geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Java serizalization compatibility issues
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:53:49 GMT
Not being totally familiar with all the nuances in G WRT to
serialization my comments should be taken with a grain of salt.  From my
perspetive there are two major problems with serialized data.  One, its
very fragile and two you can't change it if you need to.  One could
argue users shouldn't be changing it but in extreme circumstances it is
unavoidable.

I'd vote for the move to XML (ouch, did I say that?)

Matt