geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Doremus <cr...@maine.com>
Subject Re: Portal Server and Geronimo Console
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:39:33 GMT
Jeremy,

I have not seen the Geromino console, so I am not sure what you mean by
"making it more dynamic", but a recent change to the Pluto portal might
help you. I have added a hot deployment feature to the Pluto Admin
application. There is a binary Snapshot of Pluto 1.0.1 with this feature
available at: http://cvs.apache.org/dist/portals/pluto/v1.0.1/.

The servlet controller that underlies the Pluto portal
(org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet) was modified to dynamically
re-read Pluto's registries
(portletentityregistry.xml,pageregistry.xml,portletcontexts.txt) when it
is invoked with a 'hot deploy' parameter.

HTH
/Craig