geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Schmidt <schmidt...@gmail.com>
Subject Any chance you can drop a nightly build before M5?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 04:50:03 GMT
Hi All,

Basically, I was wondering if you have a rough estimation of the M5
shipment timeframe (maybe in weeks)?

I am asking because there are two developerWorks articles/tutorials
ready for publication and both rely on recent bug-fixes in the Trunk.

Now, if M5 takes a couple of weeks until the final release we would have
to ask the readers of those publications to build the server from source
which can be quite inconvenient for some people.

I think as an intermediary solution it would make sense to drop a
nightly (unstable) pre-M5 build to bridge the time-gap until the
official M5 release is out. This would allow IBM to publish the articles
sooner and allow users to test the dicussed stuff (transactions, web
services) without being required to build the complete server.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Regards,
Stefan Schmidt