geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Logo contest question
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:03:31 GMT
What is the current state of the logo contest?  Seems like its been open
for a long time and I didn't see anything on the Wiki that indicated an
end date.  The reason I'm asking is that I need to replace some of the
GIFs in DayTrader that were formerly the IBM logos and images with some
new and cooler ones.  One thing I'd like to do is ask for contributions
but it doesn't seem appropriate if e haven't figured out the contest
that we have open already.

If we need someone to lead the voting and process to bring that to
conclusion I volunteer to lead it with the PMC's permission so I can get
some other artwork in the pipeline.

The current results as of today are:

Number 6 is clearly out in the lead.  I'm not sure hot the contest was
structured but it looks like people have been voting has been going on
all along but new entries have been coming in too so the folks who were
late to the party may have been a better choice had they been on the
list previously.  I assume that the PMC will be taking that into account.

Votes	Entry
0	#18
2	#17
0	#16
0	#15
0	#14
0	#13
0	#12
18	#11
0	#10
1	#9
1	#8
2	#7
39	#6
0	#5
2	#4
4	#3
28	#2
1	#1

Is there an end date in mind for this activity?

thoughts?

Matt