geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Portal Server and Geronimo Console
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 04:32:27 GMT
John Sisson wrote:
> I have read a few mails where it has been mentioned we need a more
> robust portal server for the console.
> Could those in the know please share a little more information on this
> topic so we have an idea what the issues are and what the plans are to
> rectify them (e.g. are we expecting the pluto project to address them in
> a reasonable time frame?).  Are these issues in JIRA?

The main issue is making the console dynamic so that as different things
get added to the server the console dynamically adjusts. This is easy to
do in a full portal server like Jetspeed but is not really in the scope
of the Pluto project (which is focused on implementing the portlet
container).

This is really halfway between Pluto and Jetspeed and perhaps when we
look in detail at J2 it may be the perfect solution. Regardless, any
work we do here should be done in conjuction with the Portals project as
a whole.

As for JIRA, I tend to agree with DJ that this is not concrete enough
just yet. It would be a good area for someone to look at :-)

--
Jeremy