geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] branch and tag policy (and stable/unstable mixed in :)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:27:43 GMT
On 9/20/2005 10:29 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>

>> To recap, milestone and release candidates are both useful at
>> different times.  Milestones are alpha snapshots and are not
>> supported.  Release candidates are snapshots of beta software and
>> are not supported.  The last release candidate that is officially
>> released is what is supported.
>

> I agree.
>
> But are we confusing the issue of "what do we support?" and "how do
> we do releases?"  I was hoping just to get a branch/tag policy -
> don't delete things so we have a pattern than a casual observer can
> follow.

I was answering a bit of the drift and the original question.  The
original issue, branch/tag policy hangs off of the descision of what do
we support.  If we do not support a branch/tag then they get deleted.

> Anyway, there's one other thing to think about - When do we want to
> make a release that we are willing to support?

There's a simple answer to that, when we release v1.0.0.  The hard
question to answer is what goes into 1.0.0?

Regards,
Alan