geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [vote] PMC to accept DayTrader contribution and/or/not create "application" subproject
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:32:33 GMT
 +1  Accept the DayTrader donation into the project
       - The more good samples we have will quicken and assist the
adoption of Geronimo

+1 Create an Applications subproject (to which Apache Geronimo
       subproject rules apply) and move DayTrader (if accepted)
       with other relevant codebases into it.
- One additional idea on this second vote:  Do we really need another
sub-project?  In a very real sense samples are a "developer tool".  Not
in the same way as an IDE ... but they are certainly a developer aid.  I
would suggest that we move DayTrader and other samples to the devtools
subproject.  That could also be the location of other items that would
be part of a "developer toolkit" such as migration utilities, developer
documentation, or anything else that we would produce to assist
developers building on Geronimo.

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot