geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] branch and tag policy (and stable/unstable mixed in :)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:38:37 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:
 > +1 on what Matt says...and i will take it a step further.  Instead of
 > MX, why not let this next one be the RC1?

To me an RCx implies feature freeze and bugfixes only and it doesn't
sound like we mean that here given the console is "50%" done.

Actually, if that is the state of the console then it is going to be
months before it is ready. That means if we go down the "0.9.x" route
then we're going to see several releases on that branch.

Ship and be biled...
--
Jeremy