geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] branch and tag policy (and stable/unstable mixed in :)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 00:14:06 GMT
Before we discuss this to death, I propose:

* we drop the M5 branch altogether
* we fix any CTS regressions (once rather than twice)
   this also gives Aaron a couple more days to finish up his features
* we create a 1.0 branch
* we make sure it still passes CTS, then tag it and release as 1.0.0

That way we :
* get rid of the Mx nomenclature that Geir positively dislikes
   and that no-one else really seems to care for
* we don't have any confusion with 1.0-M5.42 branches
* we get onto a major.minor.maint scheme that everyone understands

and most of all, we actually get 1.0.0 out as the first certified
release like we intended at the start of the project.

--
Jeremy