geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Contribution of Trade Performance Benchmark Sample to Geronimo
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:42:14 GMT
I received approval yesterday that IBM is officially donating the Trade
Application to Geronimo under the Apache license to help with functional
and performance testing.  I have renamed the OpenSource version to
dayTrader to avoid confusion between the two.

If your interested in seeing information about Trade now you can look at

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=trade6
to get some more information on the benchmark.  The nice thing is that
it tests the WebContainer, the EJB container, Messaging, WebServices,
one and two-phase commit in both a macro (whole application) and micro
(web primitives) context to isolate performance issues.

I'm in the process of "mavenizing" the contribution and was structuring
it to fit in the applications tree as daytrader.  I'd like some feedback
on that that placement.

I'm pretty excited about this contribution as it gives us a functional
and performance baseline to see where we stand in the world.  I have
some initial performance measurements that I'll be posting next week
(when my performance systems come back online).

I'm also working on an article to discuss deploying this application on
Geronimo with a set of examples to provide real-world information on how
to deploy and get an application working.

For those that are interested, I would like to get a Tomcat set of
measurements in addition to Jetty so a quick note on how to swap the two
  containers that would be excellent.

Please comment on placement and I will have the mavenized version as the
application stands today out in the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Matt