geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat, logging, admin portlet, and GBeans
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:48:37 GMT
Having received no negative comments on this design I am in the process
of implementing this design.   I'm first just going to get Jetty log
code updated under this new architecture.   Then I'll deliver another
JIRA to add in the tomcat support.

The changes will include:
- Introduction of a new interface called WebAccessLogHelper in
org.apache.geronimo.management.geronimo.   This is a container agnostic
helper interface to interact with web logs.
- Addition of a new method to the WebManager to return a reference to a
WebAccesslogHelper for the appropriate container.
- Introduction of a new class which is an implementation of
WebAccessLogHelper called WebAccessLogHelperJettyImpl (I know ... kinda
long) in org.apache.geronimo.management.geronimo
- Introduction of a new class WebAccessLogCriteria which will be used to
quality the content requested.
- Update of the WebAccessLogViewerPortlet to utilize the new structure
which will include instantiation of a WebAccessLogCriteria prior to queries.
- Removal of console-standard classes for WebAccessLogHelper and
WebAccessLogCriteria