geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Error locating GBean for JettyRequestLog
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 01:28:42 GMT
Well ... I knew of one place this was specified but it obviously isn't
the only place. :-)  I made the change there and it didn't help the problem.

I did a grep from trunk of all *.java, *.xml, and *.properties files and
found 312 matches for  "org/apach/geronimo/Server" in 122 different files.

Only 2 matches were in console modules ... the one I knew of and another
one.   Even after making those changes the error still occurs.  So, it
appears that this is something bigger than just the console.

I'll try to narrow this down to the offending file(s) ...  I'm sure most
of these references or garbage left after the change in the name.  If
anybody has any suggestions I'm all ears. :-)

Joe Bohn wrote:

> Thanks David ... that does help.
> I know where it is getting the name from (it's in a constants file in
> the console).   I'll update that file and see how far it gets.
>
> Joe
>
> David Jencks wrote:
>

>> On Sep 12, 2005, at 2:24 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>>
>>> With the most recent builds since late last week (maybe since we
>>> started jointly building the image with Jetty and Tomcat) ....
>>> I've  noticed a problem with the Jetty Web Server Log.
>>>
>>> First, we get this error during initialization of the server:
>>>
>>> [********>    ] 66%  31s Starting
>>> ...che/geronimo/JettyRuntimeDeployer16:39:07,023 ERROR
>>> [LocalAttributeManager] Unable to store attribute type
>>> org.mortbay.http.RequestLog
>>

>> I don't think this is a problem.
>>
>>> [*************] 100%  37s Startup complete
>>>
>>> So it looks like something isn't right with the classloader, GBean
>>> definition, or I don't know what .....
>>>
>>> This then results in the following exception when we attempt to
>>> access  the content of the log from the console:
>>>
>>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException:
>>> geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/
>>> Server,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyRequestLog not

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot