geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Error locating GBean for JettyRequestLog
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:24:54 GMT
With the most recent builds since late last week (maybe since we started
jointly building the image with Jetty and Tomcat) ....  I've noticed a
problem with the Jetty Web Server Log.

First, we get this error during initialization of the server:

[********>    ] 66%  31s Starting
...che/geronimo/JettyRuntimeDeployer16:39:07,023 ERROR
[LocalAttributeManager] Unable to store attribute type
org.mortbay.http.RequestLog
[*************] 100%  37s Startup complete

So it looks like something isn't right with the classloader, GBean
definition, or I don't know what .....

This then results in the following exception when we attempt to access
the content of the log from the console:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException:
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Server,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyRequestLog

not found
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicRegistry.getGBeanInstance(BasicRegistry.java:110)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.getAttribute(BasicKernel.java:165)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.util.KernelHelper.get(KernelHelper.java:46)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.logmanager.WebAccessLogHelper.getFiles(WebAccessLogHelper.java:145)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.logmanager.WebAccessLogHelper.refresh(WebAccessLogHelper.java:171)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.logmanager.WebAccessLogHelper.loadLogs(WebAccessLogHelper.java:55)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.logmanager.WebAccessLogHelper.filterLogsByDate(WebAccessLogHelper.java:97)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.logmanager.WebAccessLogHelper.getLogsByDate(WebAccessLogHelper.java:63)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.console.logmanager.WebAccessLogViewerPortlet.doView(WebAccessLogViewerPortlet.java:76)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:247)
        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:218)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doGet(PortletServlet.java:158)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
        at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:153)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:92)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:832)
etc....

When I look at the NCSARequestLog I notice that where it is setting the
GBeanInfoBuilder values there is no attribute for the RequestLog  ...
but when I look at older versions when the attribute could be found it
is the same setting (or lack of setting) for the RequestLog.

Any ideas?

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot