geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Declare M5 a certified release?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:34:14 GMT
I was wondering about the message we're sending to the user community by
certifying a milestone release.  (I think its the right thing to do by
the way).  I believe there is some pent up expectation that
certification means go for production but my opinion is that certifying
a milestone is really more of a tech-preview.  What are the thoughts on
communicating what this means to the user community in terms of what
should they be doing with Geronimo with regard to development,
production, etc?

Also, personally I'd like to make some statement about when we would be
expecting to deliver 1.0 so the user base can set their expectations
appropriately.

I think something like M5-Tech Preview contains all J2EE 1.4
functionality as well as new technology that is not finished such as the
console, usability improvements, etc.  With a target date for V1.0
around the end of October 2005.

Thoughts?

Matt