geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing tools (was Re: Mavenizing tools update...)
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:34:24 GMT

Miguel A Paraz wrote:
> On 9/9/05, Sachin Patel <sppatel2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok. submitted the patch for #9.  Once you invoke the command mentioned
>> below then cd into the "assembly" project and invoke "maven".  This will
>> generate geronimo-server-adapter_1.0.zip in ./target.  You can then
>> extract this over your eclipse image.  (I have yet to launch eclipse
>> with with the extracted zip, so you'll be the first to try :)
>>

> Thanks, I got it to build. I just edited the UI's properties file to
> use Linux SWT.
>
> Apologies if this doesn't belong here in the dev list - should this
> topic go to the user list?

The dev list is fine.
> I created a new Eclipse 3.1 Linux/GTK installation, Webtools I20050909
> and its dependencies listed at:
> http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/I-I20050909-200509090017/
> . Then I unzipped the generated Geronimo server adapter.
>
> When I start Eclipse and then use New/Server, only various Tomcat
> folders are listed in the "Apache". How can I tell WTP about the
> Geronimo code? In the WTP 0.7 "all in one" bundle, Geronimo was
> present in "Apache" along with some other appservers in the "Generic"
> group.

If Geronimo is not listed under Apache, there must be a packaging
problem.  I did notice that the plugin and feature ID's are 1.0.0
whereas the artifact and jarred plugin id's are 1.0, and I'm wondering
if eclipse can't locate the plugin because of this.  Let me make some
modifications to match the ids, and I'll try it out myself.