geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Neal Sanche <n...@nsdev.org>
Subject Re: Longevity
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 05:10:21 GMT
Hi again, Aaron,

Well, I did some profiling, and found that the predominant object that
was being retained was:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawGetAttributeInvoker

Unfortunately I'm no profiling expert, and I may have done it wrong, but
that's what seems to bubble to the top. When I run the garbage
collector, some of them go away, but only a few (less than 5% on
average). There are also another slowly growing group of geronimo
classes that seem to pile up, and they aren't getting garbage collected
either:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor and many
internal classes of this class.

I'll leave it running overnight and see what happens. I do hope this
information is helpful in some way.

Cheers.

-Neal