geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jeff Genender <>
Subject [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 04:33:55 GMT
Ok ...I am hijacking this thread... enough discussion...lets vote on it...

[ ] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date
[ ] I think it should be after Friday...and should be on ______

For me:
[X] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date

David Blevins wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2005, at 6:50 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>>>     What is the point of the "frozen list"?  At this point, it  
>>> doesn't appear to have stopped development of things that aren't  on 
>>> the list.
>> The list for what we are agreeing to go into M5.  If something  isn't 
>> on the list and its an added bonus, then fine.  We need a  closure 
>> date at this point.  I think we have all agreed what is  minimally in 
>> the cut.
>>>     Maybe we should make the branch like Friday, so any code not on
>>> the list has to go into HEAD, and just have a longer closing  period to
>>> resolve the list items.  There is a lot on the list, so that would  
>>> mean a
>>> lot of merges to HEAD, but unless everyone is willing to hold off on
>>> non-list items, I'm not sure we're actually moving toward greater  
>>> stability in the mean time.
>> Ok..shall we branch on Friday?  Anhyone have any issues with this?   I 
>> am game.
> Friday is great.  Aaron expressed the same concern I was thinking  
> about; getting further and further from stable the long we wait to  
> branch.  Things always tend to creep in.
> +1
> David

View raw message