geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <>
Subject Re: [devtools] created subproject in svn, applied outstanding patches to sandbox, and copied code into subproject
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:29:00 GMT
Yes we could change the project names to distinguish.  Since all the
eclipse plugins start with org.eclipse.*, should we avoid using another
organization name in the title?, what about....

If having both eclipse and apache in the plugin name isn't a problem
then we can go with eclipse.

Or another idea would be to change the artifact's groupID to from
"geronimo" to "geronimo-devtools" same as the subproject name so that
they are distinusished in the repo.

Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Sachin Patel wrote:
>> Rather then throwing everything in the "eclipse-plugin" folder could
>> we organize the contents down into the following structure?
>> A .../trunk/modules/eclipse/plugins/ folder that contains the
>> following projects...
>> org.apache.geronimo.core
>> org.apache.geronimo.ui
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.model
>> org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v1
>> A .../trunk/modules/eclipse/features/  folder that contains the
>> following projects...
>> org.apache.geronimo.feature
>> Then the .../trunk/modules/eclipse/ folder itself would contain
>> everything else like the top level maven.xml, the "assembly" project
>> I'm about to submit, a project containing parent POM's, etc...
>> What do you think?
> Do we need to avoid confusion with other Geronimo modules (e.g. "core")?
> Would
> org.apache.geronimo.eclipse.feature
> org.apache.geronimo.eclipse.core
> be less confusing?