geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build...
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:25:41 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Neal Sanche wrote:
>
>> After killing that stray process, the build completed successfully
>

> Hi Neal,
>
> It's a good news, but alas it keeps failing for me. It seems I can't
> build the latest version from today's sources because of some missing
> ActiveIO classes. I wonder how you got passed it? I haven't built
> Geronimo for a while so it'd mean that the local Maven repo is too old.

> +----------------------------------------
> | Executing default Geronimo :: Security
> | Memory: 23M/34M
> +----------------------------------------
> ... geronimo-common-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> ... geronimo-core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> ... geronimo-j2ee-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> ... geronimo-management-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> ... geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> ... geronimo-system-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
> ... geronimo-spec-j2ee-jacc-1.0-rc5-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>
> jar:install:
>

> build:end:
>
> build:start:
>
> default:
> java:prepare-filesystem:
>     [mkdir] Created dir: C:\projs\geronimo\modules\security\target\classes
>
> java:compile:
>     [depend] Deleted 0 out of date files in 0 seconds
>     [echo] Compiling to c:\projs\geronimo\modules\security/target/classes
>     [javac] Compiling 79 source files to
> C:\projs\geronimo\modules\security\target\classes
> C:\projs\geronimo\modules\security\src\java\org\apache\geronimo\security\network\protocol\SubjectCarryingChannel.java:26:

> cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : class AsynchChannel
> location: package activeio
> import org.activeio.AsynchChannel;

I think this problem was caused by this change in activeio v2:
http://svn.activeio.org/trunk/activeio/src/java/org/activeio/AsyncChannel.java

Notice classname difference: AsyncChannel is used in v2 vs AsynchChannel used in v1.

You may be able to work around this issue by editing etc/project.properties to change the
activeio version
dependency from activeio_version=2.0-20050905 to activeio_version=1.1. Correct (?) solution
is to update the
class references in Geronimo to use the activeio v2 class names.

Bill